Job Role: Purchasing Operations Manager
Due to our continued success and growth we are now seeking an experienced Purchasing Operations Manager to join our team. Key aspects of the role are:
- Manage the Company’s purchasing and operational activity, encompassing all services taking ownership for the delivery of all projects and change within our clients. This includes category based purchasing projects, change management programmes and purchasing support for our clients;
- Manage a team of Purchasing Managers and Buyers
- Ensuring all projects and activities are delivered to the customers delight against agreed objectives and targets on time and to budget;
- Working closely with our Sales team to support and develop new business proposals;
- Generate new sales opportunities and new initiatives that will add value for our clients;
- Maintain and develop our processes, systems and methodology to ensure we remain leading in our field;
- Be responsible for Operational KPI’s and reports to the management team, business and clients;
- Be an active member of the management team, participating in tactical day to day decisions on all operations and contribute to the development and success of the business.
Ideally the right person will become Purchasing Director within the next 18 months so we’re on the hunt for top talent with the desire to progress within our business.
To be considered for the role, you must have:
- Recent/current experience as a senior purchasing and/or business manager and of sitting on management and executive teams/boards
- A good understanding of complex supply chain models within the foodservice industry
- An excellent level of IT competence including Microsoft Windows software such as Excel and PowerPoint
- A high level of numeracy and an analytical approach (this will be tested)
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Experience in leading, managing and developing a Purchasing team/department
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- First class communication (both written and verbal) with proven negotiation and commercial skills, and with excellent spoken and written English
- Strong and proven presentation skills
- MCIPS or equivalent qualification
If this sounds like you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your up to date CV. In your covering letter, please also include details why you are applying and details of your current salary, benefits and notice period. Closing date for applications is 31st January 2017.
Come work with us
We’re always scouting for top talent to join the Prestige team. We invest in people, more than protocols. Soft skills matter to us more than Power Point – we can teach you that. Our team plays to strengths in an encouraging environment where we try to keep paths free of obstacles. At Prestige, we support staff in exploring and developing areas of expertise. We’re happiest when people are getting exposed to things that interest them. And, if they’re ready for the next step, we’re all for accelerating the process. For us, failure is to be embraced as a learning opportunity. A supportive and collegial culture, with a focus on career development is what drives us…as well as fun. We like to have fun.